Ben Morgan, PE, CFM
Send Us An Email
County Engineer Bio
Ordinances and Policies
Stormwater Management Floodplain Information
To be responsive to the needs and requests in a timely manner of the citizens of Cherokee County relative to residential and commercial development in the county while ensuring applicable ordinances are followed. To ensure the county's compliance with NPDES requirements and the NPDES Notice of Intent. To ensure proper maintenance of traffic control signals to facilitate a maximum level of efficiency on county thoroughfares. To complete evaluations of county roadways to determine proper signage and striping for safety improvements. To inspect proposed driveway locations to ensure proper locations based on safety considerations.
- Monitoring erosion and sediment control to insure state waters are protected.
- Making inspections and issuing erosion permits for house construction.
- Addressing traffic signal and intersection needs and studies.
- Making traffic counts on County roads.
- Processing speed hump applications.
- Addressing environmental issues.
- Issuing Utility permits.
Goals and Objectives
- Improve safety of the roadway system of Cherokee County by recommending safety improvements.
- To improve efficiency of all county maintained traffic signals.
- Improve inspection procedures and the percentage of in-compliance sites through education.
- Review current ordinances and recommend revisions to improve quality of development.
- Ensure timely complaint resolution and provide recommendations to the Board of Commissioners and/or property owners.