I Need To...
Tax Payers
Court System
Contact Us


Click through to find:

  • A helpful arrangement of frequently used Cherokee County online resources
  • Commonly requested forms and documents for a variety of departments and agencies
  • Links to other sites and services often used by our residents


Click through to find:

  • Links to every department and agency under the jurisdiction of the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
  • Contact information for departments with the name of the department/agency head
  • Links to common agencies not under the jurisdiction of the BOC, but which maintains close ties with us


Click through to find:

  • Information about and links to both the Tax Commissioner and Tax Assessor's Office. (They are very different organizations)
  • Quick links to both the Paying your Taxes online and the Real Estate Search applications.
  • Information about Homestead Exemptions
  • Information about Property Taxes, Millage Rates, and Car Tags


Click through to find:

  • A page listing every judicial and court system in Cherokee County with a brief introduction to what they cover
  • Quick links to Jury Duty Information, Traffic Citation Payments, Court Calendars, Deeds and Records Search, Passport Information, and a lot more


Click through to find:

  • Ways to contact the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners, Department and Agency Heads, and State Agencies and Offices
  • Directions to all County Facilities
  • Quick Link to Finding Your Commissioner
× Home I Need To... Departments Tax Payers Court System Contact Us

Development Service Center

News and Announcements
Thanksgiving Holiday

County offices will be closed November 23rd and 24th.  

Posted: Oct-25-2023 | view story

Posted: Mar-16-2020 | view story

Shannon Griffith
Development Service Center Manager
(770) 721-7810

Back to Development Service Center

Forms and Documents

Contact Department

Send Us An Email

Business Licenses|Solicitors And Itinerant Traders

Back to Business Licenses





Any person who solicits orders on behalf of a firm, corporation, company, association, partnership or individual for any type of services to be performed then or at a later time is considered a solicitor and will be required to obtain a Solicitor's Permit for the areas of Unincorporated Cherokee County.

Solicitor's Permit Requirements


Expiration and Renewal of permit

A solicitor's permit is issued for 90 days from the date of issuance.  A renewal fee of $40.00 will apply.  Background checks are good for a year, if expired a new background check must be conducted with appropiate fee.

No applications will be accepted if the applicant has submitted the same or similar application for a permit within the preceding 12 months and was denied, dismissed or abandoned. 

Download our Solicitor's Permit Guide now!


"Transient merchant" means any person, firm, or corporation, as principal or agent, or both, which is not a regular retail or wholesale merchant with a permanent place of business in this state, but rather one who displays samples, model goods, wares, or merchandise in any lot, building, room, or structure of any kind, whether fixed or mobile, for the purpose of securing orders for the retail sale of such items or items of like kind or quality for immediate or future delivery. The term "transient merchant" shall not include any person, firm, or corporation which:

(1) Sells agriculture or forestry products;

(2) Makes house-to-house or personal calls for the purpose of displaying samples or taking orders for shipment directly from a manufacturer;

(3) Conducts business at any industry or association trade show; or

(4) Sells items at a rummage, garage, antique, or similar sale when such person, firm, or corporation is a resident of this state or has a permanent place of business within this state and such sale is not part of the regular business activity of such person, firm, or corporation or when the net proceeds of such sale are to be used for charitable purposes.

Transient Merchant Requirements


 Transient Merchants must conduct business only in General Commercial Zoning.  A notarized affidavit from the property owner authorizing the transient merchant, its employees or agent to conduct business at the property owner's location must be submitted with application.  If transient merchant is not a Cherokee County resident he must provide an "agent agreement".

Permits expire December 31st of each year. 

Cherokee County, Georgia "Where Metro Meets the Mountains" | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners